Table of Contents
Backup scripts to wrap Restic (or Duplicity). Runs on
- Linux: (CentOS, Debian, Manjaro, Ubuntu)
- MS Windows (by using compiled GNU tools eg. Cygwin or Mingw)
📄 Source: https://git-repo.iml.unibe.ch/iml-open-source/iml-backup/
📜 License: GNU GPL 3.0
📖 Docs: see docs folder or online https://os-docs.iml.unibe.ch/iml-backup/
Supported backup clients:
- Restic: https://restic.net/ (default)
- Duplicity: https://duplicity.gitlab.io/duplicity-web/
We rollout our linux systems automatically. We try not to configure third systems for backup, monitoring and other general services.
No central backup server: We don’t want to configure a backup set on a “central backup server” for each new node. Each new node pushes its own backup data to a given backup target.
- We want to push data from a private network to target; a central backup server would not reach some clients without sattelite systems.
- No agent needed.
Automatic backup of databases: A set of database backup scripts detects exsiting locally running database services and puts a compressed dump file per database scheme to a local backup directory.
- We want to use a local encryption of all data to backup.