IML deployment client
This client is a set of bash scripts to deploy a package that was built on th IML CI server. It handles a secure download, extracts the package, generates configs.
This project is related to
- CI deployment web gui https://git-repo.iml.unibe.ch/iml-open-source/imldeployment
- CI package server https://git-repo.iml.unibe.ch/iml-open-source/ci-pkg
GNU GPL 3.0
A few Linux standard tools are required. It should run on any GNU Linux.
- Secure download from CI package server using shared secret
- detect a changed download to run an upgrade or just apply rules for configs
- Extraction to target dir
- Cleanup: delete all files in target dir that are not included in the software package
- Create (config) files by inserting strings into placeholders
- Several hooks to allow custom actions, eg. restart a service un changes
- Handle multiple applications on a machine (aka profiles)
- Writes a logfile per execution and application (and to stdout)